Friday, April 12, 2013

New Page: Books of 2013



Dear Booklovers,

I hope one day we can meet up and compare notes of our favourite books in a cute little cafe by the road and people-watch in our free time. 

Sincerely yours,
Me.













Thus, is the dream I hold on to until I meet other fellow book lovers  Most people won't get it. Why get so obsessed with books? Well, I can easily ask: "Why are you so obsessed with comics or DoTA or movies?" It's just the way life is. Each of us has a calling, and mine is to indulge myself in as many books as I can before I die.

Simple.

John Green summed it up pretty good.

That is how I got the name "The Romantic Escape" anyway. From a book I was reading. Could have been The Great Gatsby who was a huge romantic in getting his former girlfriend back, or it could have been another book. But reading is just that. A romantic escapism for me into a place where the characters are as eccentric as they'll ever be, or realistic than the people I've known all my life. Reading takes you into unexpected places, places you've never been to before. And reading sure as hell made me more aware current social issues, of war and of how we see life. I like keeping a record of what I've read. Which is why I created this page on the top of my blog. It's called my "Books of 2013" tab. Books I've read and want to share with the rest of the world. :) 


Oh and you can find me on Goodreads too! 

Happy reading :D

No comments:

Post a Comment