Friday, February 14, 2014

An Introvert's Life in Port Dickson

Ah, it's the weekends again. Another 5 days of work has passed and boy has it been eventful. Life in PD has certainly been amazing. Loads of work, but the feeling of satisfaction of getting them done is great. I'm slowly interacting with people, and even making funny conversations! More than I've ever accomplished in UTP. I'm really grateful PD has been kind to be so far :) 

1. PD is food heaven. I swear there are so many food stalls here!

Here's my recent favourite nasi lemak corner (literally, it's perched under this huge tree) behind Jabatan Kastam PD. It helps when your department just loves to explore food. They bring you to the greatest places.



Such a small hut! But the sambal sotong is divine. I forgot to take a picture of the longtong I was eating. I was too hungry, my apologies.

2. Food aside, my SV sent me here for a safety training in OSHA 94 & FMA 67. If you're a UTPian this would be your 'beloved' Health, Safety & Environment subjects back in second year. OSHA stands for Occupational & Safety & Health Act and FMA is Factory & Machines Act. The whole training was aimed to teach us the requirements for any refineries to comply with safety regulations set by the government. 

Each training no doubt costs hundreds of Ringgit per person, so I'm very grateful to have been sent here free of charge.

Especially when the view is facing the ocean:



They even had swing sets! It was so peaceful and idyllic just swinging around waiting for the other dudes (I was the only girl there) to arrive.



Back to work. It was a pretty insightful session. Sure it was only about policies and rules, but it beats learning in lecture halls. Plus the 3 free meals were delicious.

 I also got to know the staffs from Shift A Team, and I will be joining them next week when I enter Operations for a week. They're really nice (everyone in PD is).

3. After work, i found a pretty interesting way to capture OOTDs:



4. And a fellow trainee and I have been obsessed with puns lately. They're so punny! 


 Happy Weekend everybody! 







No comments:

Post a Comment