Saturday, January 25, 2014

Why I Love Books.

I like to read. Just as much as the next person does. But there's a deeper reason as to why I read so frequently as I do now.

It makes up for the lack of social interaction in my life. So I retreat to the solitary confinements of books. And it's a happy place I must say.

It ain't all that bad. I have a new-books fetish. And the fact that my parents don't mind spending money on books, kind of helped me read more. I try to read all kinds of books. But I love fiction, it's useful after a day of engineering-related work. I love autobiographies, because knowing what one person has been through makes you more compassionate and less judgmental. 

So here's to books that save me. Away from the awkward unnecessary conversations with strangers or distant family relatives that don't really know me. Away from insecure, extroverted situations in which I could never stand for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment