Friday, November 29, 2013

The Food Diaries Project

I've always struggled with the extra fat in my body. I mean, that muffin top is really hard to get rid of. 



So this semester I've been trying (really hard) to get into shape by working out, running and going to the gym (succeeded only once, meh)

But did you know what contributes more to your health are the things you eat, instead of how long you work out? 80% of your diet will determine your body shape/weight, while the rest is determined by your exercises.

So, I decided to take things slowly and start with my food plan first. Once in a while I try to work out, but if I'm too busy with assignments and projects, then planning my meals are easier. 

1. THE BREAD EXPERIMENT 

Now, I love bread. So I experimented bread with a few ingredients I don't normally use. And here are the results :D 

French Toast with Kaya.
Not sure if this is a 100% healthy but it is tasty. Plus I love mixing bread with eggs!

Peanut Butter with Bananas Sandwich
I found this tip online from @twt_gym (Twitter). Surprisingly this is really tasty! I used crunchy peanut butter. Now, peanut butter is a great source of protein, energy and weight loss. But the more natural the peanut butter the better! 

More info on peanut butter here.

French Toast with Cinnamon. 
Now, there are tons of health benefits associated with cinnamon. You can refer to the post here on WikiHow. Cinnamon aids in curing flu, reducing heart disease and even smelling cinnamon can boost your brain function! I tried sprinkling cinnamon in green tea and on bread and it's not that bad. Don't overdo it, or else you'll be sneezing and the strong spicy smell might turn off your appetite. 

I have yet to try cinnamon on grilled apples, or cinnamon on toast! 

2. DRINKS
I've only tried 2 types of drinks to increase weight loss: 

Green Tea (with lemon) 

 and Lemon Detox Water

Some interesting info about these two drinks:  





Types of detox water. I usually use lemon, have yet to try with cucumbers and oranges.
But using just lemons does have it's own kick. It's sour but you get used to the taste. It cleans out all the toxins in your bowels so that actually aids in reducing your weight. 

Overall, I think reducing my meal plans to more eggs, wheat, oats, fresh fruits and more healthier drinks helped me a bit in losing those extra fat around my stomach. I still got a long way to go.

Who knows maybe I'll even go out for a run this evening. 

Or have a cheat day :3 


Haha kidding!
Hope you found these info useful, and let me know if you've got interesting health tips to share :D

No comments:

Post a Comment