Sunday, September 8, 2013

Taking the Lens Cap Off

I used to be an avid photographer


But over the years, the technicality of photography bored me. I began to stop being so obsessed with camera equipments and started photographing moments. I know that's not a good enough excuse to drop an interest in cameras and what nots, but I do try to see the beauty in every picture in a sense of emotion instead of what camera settings it was taken with.

I belong to a multimedia club in UTP. So you can imagine the level of obsession we are with equipment and DSLRs. I used to be that person too. But as I matured and grew up, my hobby in photography evolved in a whole different direction. 


I still love capturing moments more than anything. I love being the person who takes pictures and posts them up on Facebook afterwards for people to smile at and reminisce of the good times. 

I just stopped obsessing with the technicality of it all.


You could say I was dangerously putting myself in the comfort zone, of not trying to learn more or improve my skills in the world of photography. But, I do try to always improve my skills. 

Just not in the way every one else is doing.


I don't care how fancy my camera is (650D is as far as fancy I'll go). I stopped wishing for lenses as my birthday presents a long time ago. What I'd really like is a compact camera, small enough to fit in my backpack so I can take shots of anything anytime, without fussing over the weight and price.

I learnt over the years that even with the most expensive cameras and latest gadgets, if you can't appreciate the pictures you took or portray that sense of beauty in it, it'd all be pointless anyway.

Pictures are there for a reason. They inspire you, if not others, to believe and have hope. Because pictures can be interpreted in so many ways, I believe what matters is the feeling it portrays in people who've seen it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment