Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hello 2015

I remember last writing a post in August 2014, just finishing an incredible internship experience and making a memorable stamp in my experience growing up. And here I'm sitting attempting to write another decent post 6 months later, two thirds done with my final year. I'm hoping I'll be able to graduate in May 2015, insyAllah and move on to bigger and larger dreams in gaining knowledge. 



I know what with the oil crisis the nation is facing, my peers and I are having doubts and uncertainties in our future. I for one believe that rezeki comes when time is the most suitable for it. It's been a hectic 6 months and I'm enjoying each step closer to closing this undergraduate chapter. I remember starting out college 5 years ago, wondering if I'll ever make it to the finishing line. And now I am merely less than 3 months away. 

I had the pleasure of joining a chemical engineering bootcamp a few weeks ago which aimed to prepare first year undergraduates in tackling the challenging engineering course. And I really had a good time interacting with juniors and sharing my experience. I never had a mentor growing up, and I had to do a lot of figuring out by myself. I've had many a senior who was more than willing to give me advice in passing, and I wanted to contribute more towards the youngsters. The bootcamp allowed me to see how we always have that hope mixed in with fear when starting something new.

And nearing the end, I have that same hope and fear feelings, of what's to come. 


I hope the future is challenging but endurable. 
I hope it is challenging and a humble experience.
I hope it is filled with beautiful and kind souls.
I hope I am smart enough to recognize such souls and not let them pass me by. 


I believe the choices we face after graduation is endless. Learning never shouldn't stop after a scroll has been obtained. Jobs shouldn't be applied just because. And money should never be the main priority in satisfying our desires. 

Here's to wishing the next 16 weeks will fly by and I have the strength to go through whatever God puts in my way. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment